sâmbătă, 24 mai 2008

Words on Hope, from movies

All personal dreams have a foundation in hope. No matter how tough your life may seem, there is always tomorrow. There is always hope.

Here is what the movies have to say about the vital importance of individual and collective hope.



“Every shadow, no matter how deep, is threatened by morning light.”
The Fountain 2006 Rachel Weisz

“Hope always dies last.”
The Lives of Others 2006 Thomas Thieme

“A man without fear is a man without hope.”
Daredevil 2003 Derrick O'Connor

“After living in the dark for so long, a glimpse of the light can make you giddy.”
The Good Girl 2002 Jennifer Aniston

“Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.”
Vanilla Sky 2001 Penelope Cruz

“I know what I have to do now, I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
Cast Away 2000 Tom Hanks

“Beginnings are scary, endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will.”
Hope Floats 1998 Sandra Bullock

“I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.”
The Shawshank Redemption 1994 Morgan Freeman

“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
The Shawshank Redemption 1994 Tim Robbins

“It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.”
Clockwise 1986 John Cleese

“Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.”
Anne of Green Gables 1985 Megan Follows

“We’re both alive and for all I know, that’s what hope is.”
The Lion in Winter 1968 Peter O'Toole

“Eventually, the pressure of life without hope becomes unendurable.”
Birdman of Alcatraz 1962 Edmond O'Brien

Niciun comentariu: